Be Happy Anyway

Be Happy Anyway
From Brave Girls Club

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Fotografías

They say who you are is a collection of the people who came before you. My brother Andre and I never really had the opportunity to get to know our grandparents. I met my mother's father when I was two or so, but he passed away when I was five. My brother wasn't even born yet. My mother lost her mother at a young age as did my father. Andre and I were fortunate enough to meet our grandfather Don Felix a couple of, but he only spoke Spanish, and at that time we only spoke English. (That's a whole 'nother story.)

My parents do have pictures of our many relatives. That is quite a blessing as I have met many people who have no pictures of their ancestors. My brother and I grew up seeing these pictures and hearing stories about some of them. I have been going through some of those photos and have used pictures of my mother's parents to create a scrapbook page on Scrapblog.

I created this layout in response to Noel's challenge using Virginia T's design. The journaling is in Spanish and says, "Because I never met you, from time to time, I look at your pictures and ask myself, 'Which of you am I most like?' "

2 comments:

Noel said...

Wonderful take on the sketch!!

:)

MJ said...

Thanks for popping past my blog and leaving your comment on my bubbling post!!

It was interesting reading your insights on family photos on this post/scrapbook layout. Fruit to think about! Thanks!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin