Be Happy Anyway

Be Happy Anyway
From Brave Girls Club

Monday, December 15, 2008

Friends in Faraway Places

The one thing people could say about me is that I have never met a stranger. I could immediately strike up a conversation with someone in an airport, queue, or conference without hesitation. My experience on the internet, by sheer nature of the beast, has had to be a little more conservative in my meeting of people. Nevertheless, I have "met" some interesting people through my interactions at Scrapblog and SIStv. Both places are positive sites designed to foster creativity and camaraderie among a diverse group of people. I enjoy going to these sites for inspiration but also for the interaction with people from all over the world.

One of these people is Chimene whom I met on SIStv . Chimene's eye for detail, photographic style and creativity has led her to be one of my favorite scrapbook artists. She recently started a blog to display her work which can be seen at the Art of Dutch Vink. I only wish I had the time to try some of the many interesting techniques she uses on her layouts.


Chimene has been kind enough to bestow this award upon me. Along with this sticker came these words:
This blog invests and believes the PROXIMITY - nearness in space, time and relationships. These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in prizes or self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of the prizes are cut, even more friendships are propogated. Please give more attentions to these writers! Deliver this award to 8 blogger’s who must choose eight more and include this clevery written text into the body of their award.
Far more important than this award, my experience in the blogosphere has brought me friendships, many of which are more than virtual. To these friends, I pass on this award. For the sake of their privacy, I shall refer to them by their internet moniker.

Miruspeg - Middle Age Ramblings
Mrs. Peel - Mrs. Peel's Avenging Adventures
MusicJan - Saga of Our Home
MJ - MJ's Sputterings
Flygirl - Moments in Time
BMWGirl - Tucker Wolek Clan
Sharmaine - 4 Squirts & a Dollop
Merryhear2- Certified Paper Freak

Thank you for being my friends...some virtually, some more so. I enjoy the interaction I have with you.

Signing off today as MommyVictory.

7 comments:

miruspeg said...

Yep I agree with you Annemarie we certainly do epitomize this award.

Thanks for thinking of me. Maybe we should head down to Portugal as well, while we are roaming around the world!

Proximidade what a beautiful word.

Cheers
Peggy

Unknown said...

Oh thank you Annemarie!!
Humbled by the award and thankful to have found a friendship like yours online too. I will blog and pass on the award when I next blog.
PS I love that you would cherish the gifts we made. My sister is a teacher and I often hear of the gifts she is given so always try to make something that will be used and remembered :)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Awwwwwwwww thanks sweets!!!! :):):):):):):) U know I loveeeeeeee Chimene....she is so very talented and sweet! :):):):):):):):):):):):):)

I will make sure to pass this on to those that are worthy! :):):):):):)

MJ said...

I am flattered! Thanks for thinking of me! I considering my blogging pals like penpals, but better because blogging is more instantaneous interaction! (Yes, I plan to post within the next couple of days but likely won't get to awarding this award this week ~ my class' final exam is on Dec 17 & I am running out of time!)

I got a new modum last week but still problems with internet; I exchanged my Apple for a new Apple. Things are much better now! Still downloading everything and finding everyone!

merryheart2 said...

how sweet of you.
i will pass this along.
i hope you have a great week. when is your last day at work?
Sandra

Roban said...

I feel quite special being a part of your blog-o-friends and being included in the awarding of the award. Thank you for thinking of me! I will definitely post about this next week.... (Hallelujah Christmas break!!)

Take care,
Roban

Jan said...

Thanks so much, Annemarie! I'm flattered! I've found my virtual relationships via the internet to be so stimulating and enjoyable. I am left, however, with a bit of a dilemma - I would so love to meet these people who have become dear to me. And perhaps someday I will. Thanks for thinking of me! Jan

Blog Widget by LinkWithin