Be Happy Anyway

Be Happy Anyway
From Brave Girls Club

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Curses, Foiled Again!

How many of you out there have a favorite set of sheets? I do. They were a gift from my mother, and whenever I put them on my bed, I feel so comfortable and cozy. Around the same time, she also gave me one of those really squishy things you slip over the mattress to make it last longer and feel comfier. Well, I hadn't used them in a while because it seems since my husband has been away that whenever I do use them, my son causes some catastrophe to occur that I must immediately remove them.

Yesterday, I finally decided that my son had been catastrophe free (no throwing up, no wetting the bed or spilling drinks.) So, I decided that, since it was so cold out, that I should put my favorite sheets and squishy thing on the bed. Man, it really made all the difference in the world. I slept until 7:45. Who would have thought something as simple as sheets and a mattress pad would change your sleep pattern? Even my son slept until 8:15. That, however, turned out to be a problem.

8:15 - "Mommy!"
"Yes, James"
"Uh Oh!"
Out of the room comes a little boy holding a wet pair of underwear. Tell me it isn't so. The Curse of the Three Year Old Boy continues.

So now I am off to the laundry room to wash my favorite sheets and squishy thing. Considering how well I slept last night, it will be worth the nuisance.

Tonight, however, James will sleep in a Pull-up.

4 comments:

Jan said...

It's such a funny story! Of course, it's each for me to laugh, because I'm not living it. Our little 15 month old grandson has been saying uh-oh for about a month now. It is so cute. However, I can imagine that it's not nearly so cute coming out of the mouth of a 3 yr. old with wet underwear. McM didn't prepare you for this, huh? Hang in there!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I totally FEEL your pain.....Brookie has BEEN waking up at 2AM for the past month .... ohhhhhhhhhhhhh for no reason....UGH....its gotten to the point that she won't sleep in her bed....wants to sleep on the floor covered in blankets!!!!! LOL :):):):):):):)

Roban said...

Oh, my... at least you got to enjoy that blissful night of sleep! I have a set of favorite sheets, too, but they only fit my guest bed now. My only hope is that the luxurious feel of the sheets keeps my guests from complaining about the mattress, which definitely has seen better days!

Hooray for Pull-ups! They were invented for a reason!

Roban

Unknown said...

hehe, cute story! new rule: when your son sleeps in your bed, he wears pull ups. period

Blog Widget by LinkWithin