Be Happy Anyway

Be Happy Anyway
From Brave Girls Club

Thursday, December 30, 2010

A Message in a Bottle





As a girl, I loved The Police. I still do. Part of it might have had to do with the fact that my friend Renee used to sleep with the radio on and The Police was really popular at the time so I probably got a lot of it poured into my subconscious during sleepovers.

When I saw Message in a Bottle on the TOP 2000, I knew I had to do it but couldn't figure out what I wanted to do. That's usually the case. I got this picture in my head and here it is:

Lots of little circles.

There is still one day left at Marit's play-along for the TOP 2000. Go on over and hear some good music and check out the great work everyone is displaying over there. Marit has some very creative friends. Just click the blinkie at the top of this post.

I am done creating for this project. The last one was emailed last night. For once I was ahead of the game. I only missed one day of playing along. But this has given me the kick start I need to work on my word for the year: CREATIVITY. I already have in mind my post for January. I am only requiring myself to make one post toward this word each month so as not to overwhelm myself. But I am also participating in a Sketchbook Challenge (see the blinkie in the sidebar) for this coming year also. Fortunately, this is also a monthly thing.

Hope you all have plans for New Year's Eve to spend it with someone you like, even if it is yourself. I will be making milkshakes with the kids and eating popcorn and, I'm sure, playing LOTS of Wii.

Oh, and don't forget to come back tomorrow to see my last page for the TOP 2000.

3 comments:

Thinkie said...

I spotted your page on Marit's blog earlier, it looks great! I hope that someone finds it ;-)

MJ said...

Wow, the Police takes me back to early adolescence! Good luck with your creativity pursuit in 2011!

Roban said...

The Police, yes, but more importantly, to me anyway, is Sting! Your post and music brought him back to me.

I love your word for the year and may, just may, have to adopt it, too. I'm still thinking, but I made a major move this week in the creativity department. I'll be posting about it soon, and/or posting it on facebook.

I've got to check out that monthly scrapbook challenge you're talking about. I may be interested in it since it's monthly. I also need to post about whatever word I choose. I didn't do that this past year, and also didn't focus on it much. I think posting keeps it close.

Your background and header are so cute. I love the blues, the black and white, and the polka dots.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin