Be Happy Anyway

Be Happy Anyway
From Brave Girls Club

Friday, November 19, 2010

Be Happy Anyway

THANK YOU EVERYONE who left kind words this week after my visit with my mother. She is a loving mother and would never intentionally say anything to hurt me. I think most of us are that way. Words come out and we don't realize the impact they have.

I have decided to take on the another challenge from Brave Girls Club. It's a simple one...I am going to BE HAPPY, regardless of the things life throws at me. If I continually tell myself to BE HAPPY I can't help to be so.

I am a good mother, a good teacher and a good friend. I keep my children and students first. (I know I should remember myself.) But their success is important to me. It is mark of what I do. I have had very successful students come back and tell me how important I was to them. It's something you don't necessarily see when you are getting on to them for using unkind words or for forgetting their homework, but everything I have done over the past 12 years has impacted someone in someway.

Scripture from The Message: James 1:2-4 Consider it a sheer gift, friends, when tests and challenges come at you from all sides. You know that under pressure, your faith-life is forced into the open and shows its true colors. So don't try to get out of anything prematurely. Let it do its work so you become mature and well-developed, not deficient in any way.

Scripture from the NIV: James1: 2 Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3 because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. 4 Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.

It's because of this that I will have to remind myself to BE HAPPY ANYWAY.

Head on over to The Brave Girls Club (You can click on the photo above) and tell them how you go out and be amazing.

1 comment:

MJ said...

Good reminder for me! Love the accompanying tune, "Don't Worry, Be Happy"!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin