I have a lot of old habits. I love junk food. I hate to exercise. Well, I don't hate the exercise, I just find a lot of excuses not to do it. I am not a laundry folder, a dish doer or a housekeeper. Those three get me every time.
So when I saw that Rhonna Farrer was doing a 21 day challenge, I debated joining in for many reasons.
- I am a procrastinator.
- I found out about the challenge 7 days after it started.
- I have so many things to change, I didn't know which one to focus on.
- I am satisfied with the status quo.
- (That last one is a lie, but I tell myself that to make me feel better about doing nothing.)
- What if I miss my old way of doing things.
- Self fulling prophecies of failure. I have never finished anything (not entirely true) so I probably won't finish this, so I won't start it because then I won't have to say I failed at accomplishing something.
- I am sure there are more, but let's move on with this.
I am going to clean up the current mess then set up a cleaning plan that will prevent this from happening in the future.
When I have the plan, I will share it with you. In the meantime, check out what I don't let anyone see. I figure as long as I am getting my house clean, I had better come clean.
.... off to take some snapshots to share with you....Can you tell I have a cold? This is only part of the mess....
My nest. Complete with Halloween candy. I read my mail here. Chat with my friends here. It was clean a week ago. It doesn't take long to revert to mayhem with me at the helm.
Today's agenda?? The kitchen and this pile:
Now, it is time to get off this computer and start my 21 days.
Update: 4:25 p.m. 11/11/10
Drum roll please!!!!!
Computer desk, vacuuming and craft corners are next...yes I said it. I have more than one corner filled with craft junk.