Be Happy Anyway

Be Happy Anyway
From Brave Girls Club

Friday, December 2, 2011

December Daily 2

Well, December Daily is up and running and me without my camera! What's a girl to do? Get out the sketchbook while sitting at the mechanics (again!) and sketch what I see in front of me.

This was an older woman with what I think was an Australian accent (based on her pronunciation of "battery." LOL!

This was a challenge for me because:
1. I don't do real people.
2. I only had a brief moment to capture her without staring at her.
3. I don't do furniture either.

Yes, I spent my morning at the garage, but I am crossing my fingers that we are DONE! The one thing I will say is that they have been very nice and helpful. I had joked earlier in the week that I was going to place my name on a chair because I had been there so much. When I saw the owner, he was walking in with packages and he said, "Oh, you came in before I was able to get your name on the chair." It was a good laugh. When I left, I only had to pay for the parts. BONUS!

Afterward, I met a new friend for lunch. We had a nice long chat. It was a good way to spend a Friday. It made the day feel like a Saturday.

I am going to try to post a little bit of something each day this month, but don't get used to it. When January comes, I will be back to the work mode so will try to figure out a doable posting schedule.

See you tomorrow.

2 comments:

Marit said...

Oh my, you brave woman you - sketching 'in public' and publishing it on your blog... WOW! I'm still too shy to show my sketching (and I don't do it much as I suck in drawing... I should practice, I know, but you know... ) I admire your bravery and your skills dear!!! Enjoy Saturday and Sunday without garages...!!

Thinkie said...

You might not 'do' real people and furniture but I like how you did them!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin