Be Happy Anyway

Be Happy Anyway
From Brave Girls Club

Sunday, July 17, 2011

How to Pass Time

Time is drawing near. I still don't have my house moved, but I have obligations in my new town and will have to leave the large things behind. (I will be shoving as much into my sedan as possible.)

So what does one do while waiting for Godot? You help your mother move. You go to the laundromat because your washer and dryer choose to die at the same time like an old married couple. You read The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo. Mostly, you pull out the sketchbooks and get creative.

Here are some scans out of my sketchbooks. I have been playing with water colors a lot while painting a face a day for 30 days a la Julie Fei-Fan Balzer inspiration.
You can see I was a little unhappy with some of my first faces.

I then tried to draw some girls, but for some reason they don't have arms.

This led to painting to one.

My son saw me doing this everyday and grabbed a pillow, lay down and said "draw me."

And of course it wouldn't be my sketchbook without my doodles.It is now to pack up the boxes...put away the mess and pick a departure date. I am thinking Thursday. We shall see.

9 comments:

littlemissattitude said...

Well, as Tom Petty said, "The waiting is the hardest part." I'm not good at waiting at all. The worst time, for me, is the week between Christmas Day and New Year's Day. It seems like the whole world is holding its breath and waiting for the new year to start.

And speaking of things calendrical, I really like the calendar/journal idea. Yes, I know, coming in late to it. It makes me want to do something artistic, even knowing that I didn't get the drawing/painting gene.

Hope your move gets accomplished soon so you don't have to wait any more.

MJ said...

Great paintings! I especially liked the one with the bright pink background and the happy smile!

I have a Smash journal (& so do the girls) and we are following the Big Picture summer class prompts for the first time. It has been fun!

Orange Pulps ♥ said...

I love your doodles, especially the first one. :) I wish I can make one, too.

Orange Pulps ♥ said...

I love your doodles, especially the first one. :) I wish I can make one, too.

NaehVision said...

Schöne Bilder! Der schlafende Junge (oder Mädchen?) und die Dame mit den grauen Haaren gefallen mir am Besten. Ich wünsche dir, dass die Wartezeit bald vorbei ist und sich alles so wird wie du es dir mit deiner Familie wünschst.

Liebe Grüße
Frauke

miruspeg said...

"Let's go. Yes, let's go. (They do not move)."
- Samuel Beckett, Waiting for Godot

Annemarie is your mother moving to Temple? I hope so, it is a beautiful town.

Have a safe journey when you get on the road.

Big hugs
Peggy xxxx

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

You're much more motivated than I am. I really want to be able to draw and I know I should practice regularly but never do! Maybe one day - I know I should make today that dayt :-/ Keep up the good work. Love the drawing of yous son and the doodles
Anne x

Thinkie said...

My condolences about your washer and dryer...

milkcan said...

Fantastic faces! (And arms are hard - at least, I find the proportions difficult.)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin