Be Happy Anyway

Be Happy Anyway
From Brave Girls Club

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Have a Sunshine Day

Yesterday was unreal! We had the biggest rainstorm ever. Well, maybe not EVER but pretty darn close. Hurricane Hermine hit the Gulf Coast sending its wind and rain northward to our sleepy little Central Texas town 6 hours away.

To give you a deeper understanding...8 to 12 inches fell across the area; bridges were covered; rivers and creeks were swollen to the point that trailer homes were knocked off their bases. It was crazy.

Meanwhile, I was sitting at home with my family quietly enjoying my Facebook time and playing Bejeweled. In my mind I thought, "Wow, it is pretty rainy." I had no idea.

This morning it was still raining and at 5:45 I began receiving automated phone calls from Caitlin's school principal, the school district and my principal informing us that the rain had caused so much flooding that the schools were having to start two hours late. That meant Caitlin didn't have to be at school until 10:00 and I didn't have to be at school until 9:00. Gary and I began reading the news and Facebook posts to assess the situation since he had to leave for Missouri today to meet his new boss. Pictures ran through my mind of all sorts of mayhem.

Imagine my surprise around 7:30 when I went to take Gary to the airport to pick up his rental car and I found that the roads were clear and I was there and back in no time.

The rain continued throughout the day. Later on I got an email from the dance school telling me that all classes have been canceled. I wonder what they know that I don't.

Well, they didn't know anything obviously because as I left school today, the sky was blue and bright as if nothing had ever happened.

I hope the rest of this short week remains uneventful since Gary is away.

Here's wishing you all a Sunshine Day.

6 comments:

Peggy said...

Hi there, thank you so much for your sweet comment on my blog. I've been reading quite a bit of your blog today, and I have to say I found myself captured by your words. Upon reading your profile I already knew I would like you, I love to ramble as well LOL. Upon reading that you were playing Bejeweled on FB, the only reason why I am still on FB LOL, my curiosity grew stronger and I just had to read more. I so liked all of your posts. They're interesting, funny, incredibly well written ... in one word simply captivating. I especially liked the "smile" video you posted, indeed 16 minutes well spent, and the post where you talked about your daughter leaving for camp (I so admired how you handled that and let her try and take care of it herself at first). I will be back for sure!
Have a wonderful sunshiny weekend
xxx Peggy

McMGrad89 said...

Thanks, Peggy. Your words mean a lot.

Anonymous said...

I hope your week went by smoothly Annemarie! Enjoy your weekend!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my, sounds like confusing weather!Even the weather has its moods ;)
Hope the week will be ful of sunshine!

MJ said...

We've had more rain than I'd like this year too! Love the Brady Bunch song! Groovy!

Amber Zimmerman said...

I think the sunshine is best right after a hard rain. Glad you stayed safe! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin