Look what I found today on the internet. It would have been the perfect stamp for my Time After Time cards. I wasn't even looking and BAM there it was!
Well, as a family we were all going to use the long weekend to trek down to Texas and rip out carpet and paint walls. Come to find out, Gary doesn't have Monday off so it would make a really bad turn around time. So...we decided to stay home and make plans to go another time. Meanwhile, all I can envision is the money pouring out of my already empty pockets into the mortgage and utilities for a house we aren't using. :-(
Now, I will look for some free activities to do in the city for the Labor Day weekend. I have seen several advertised on tv. I hope the temperature stays cooler than yesterday (102F.)
Yesterday I lazed around the house feeling a little sorry for myself wondering why I don't have a job yet. So I got out my sketchbook and calendar journal and fiddled around. I have been thinking about working on a set of note cards to sell at some local gift shop. They would look like some of these:
I just want to unify the theme of them so they seem more like a set.
...
We made it to Missouri. We have been here a week and a half. I really like it here, but I don't have a job yet. In between the time I am applying for jobs and taking my kids to enroll in school and dance, I have had some time to play with water colors. First up is my completed July calendar journal . I am proud that I have kept up with this as long as I have. Click on images for clearer, larger look . I also have August's ready to be filled. (I have September's, too, but you will have to wait for that one.) I completed 30 days of creating faces . Most of them are female, but there is one questionable one and one definite boy. Don't forget to sign up for Julie's Art Journal Every Day. Finally, I have been inspired by this lady . Her flowers are so bright and vibrant! Paint and I are just getting to know each other so I have tried painting some flowers. Although they are nothing like hers, I am pretty pleased with the outcome. I feel I have neglected my blogging, but ...
....And time for a new Calendar Journal. I have faithfully kept up with three months, and I am ready for June's calendar. June brings a batch of mixed emotions. It's the end of 12 year stint of teaching fourth grade and the beginning of a new career yet to be determined. It's the end of claiming Texas as home for 37 years and having to tell people I live in Missouri (fortunately that is still one month away but the packing has begun.) Saying goodbye to my students was sad, but saying goodbye to my colleagues was even harder especially when the principal called me up to say a few words. I eeked out a few sentiments but not without a few tears....Although me and tears - we are no strangers. June promises to be super hot so I predict a lot of inside time and comments about dance classes will dominate my June calendar. We shall see.
Comments
Roban
:0)
Great stamp, did you get it anyway?
C
i love that stamp. it's great.
did you buy it anyway?
i am giving Burgandi a skull pin cushion for Christmas. it will be her stocking. :)
Now you will have to create another one.