Be Happy Anyway

Be Happy Anyway
From Brave Girls Club

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Just for Renee



I have known my friend Renee since we were in 3rd or 4th grade. That is not to say we were friends back then, but we have known each other that long. When I reached 5th or 6th grade, we started hanging out together, and the rest, as they say, is history.

The one thing I remember most about growing up with Renee is her love for (might I be so bold as to say obsession with) Harrison Ford. Not being inside that complex head of hers, I don't know exactly when it began, but this much is certain, today it still continues.

I probably wouldn't have seen as many Star Wars or Raider's movies as I have if it weren't for Renee. Lest we forget his later works like Witness, Frantic, Working Girl (my personal favorite - just kidding,) The Fugitive, Clear & Present Danger, and Six Days-Seven Nights (now that was a waste of $7.) There are so many more, but then if you know anything about the man, you already know that.

On Sundays after church, Renee and I would rush through dinner to make it to the matinee. We would sit in the Cove Theater, The Cinema, or Cinema 76, and (because she had already seen the movie) she would quote all the lines right along with the characters. When she moved to the next town over, I would spend the night, and we would go the mall to watch a movie. (Don't tell mom.)

I admire Renee for her dedication to one actor. I was never able to do it. Maybe it was my ADD. I don't know. What I do know is that when the next Raiders movie comes out in May, I can guess who will be the first one in line. I am pretty sure it won't be me.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin