Be Happy Anyway

Be Happy Anyway
From Brave Girls Club

Thursday, October 20, 2011

In the Works

Maybe you have noticed the button in the side bar. FEATURING is a new magazine that I am helping to edit. It will be coming out in the spring 2012. FEATURING is the brainchild of my friend Marit. If you would like to find out more about subscribing or even contributing to the magazine, please click on the blinky at the top of the sidebar. We are very excited about this great project. I will keep you updated about the magazine's progress, but you can always click on the sidebar to see how we are coming along.

Now here's a project I tell myself I am going to participate in and never get around to it - A Year In the Life of an Art Journal.  I don't think I have ever done even one prompt, but this time I decided to jump in and have some fun.

THE PROMPT: Scars
THE SONG: Jar of Hearts by Christina Perri
PRODUCT/TECHNIQUE: rips and tearing

(Collage of printed images from internet; 
the jar of hearts is a spaghetti jar filled with 
hand painted hearts that I photographed; 
water colors; black, white and
gold paint pen by ZIG and 
Zig Millennium fine point black pen)
 This song has been played often on my radio and I have wanted to create something for it for quite a while. I am not going to play it on my playlist today. There will be another time when I do finally play it, but not now.

I created another page the other day based on something I read at KOM. They were giving away a free printables. This one was called Exploring Truths. If you go to this link and are interested in other printables, scroll to the top of the page and click the link FREEBIES. So many great ideas!

Okay, so I printed Exploring Truths which reminded me of those questions you can take to a girls' night out and start conversations. I chose: Which of the four seasons do you anticipate and why?

Tomorrow, I hope to hear from the interview I had on Monday. Fingers crossed.

4 comments:

MJ said...

I look forward to summer. Our winters are so long (6+ months), our mucky springs short and our summers are such a break from snow. Also, the days are so much longer (ie: sunrise around 5 a.m. and sets after 9 p.m..). I'm already looking forward to next summer!

Mrs Pretzel said...

Love the dog face on your man!! lol Great page!!

miruspeg said...

Lots happening in your world Annemarie and it looks all good!
Your creative side is progressing in leaps and bounds....great job!

Fingers and toes crossed for a positive outcome for your job.

Hugs
Peggy xxxxxx

Rieni said...

you made some great pages, I love them!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin