Be Happy Anyway

Be Happy Anyway
From Brave Girls Club

Friday, May 20, 2011

Oblivious

As I was waiting for the award ceremony at Caitlin's art show yesterday, I had a moment to people watch. I enjoyed seeing parents dote on their children and their work. I thought it was cute how my son glommed onto some unknown little girl who had a hand held video game, and she likewise took to him. But what caught my attention the most was how Caitlin was freely interacting with her peers, mostly girls. There were a few boys who would come around and try to get her attention and she was mostly (thankfully) oblivious to their attempts.

My favorite was this boy

who bears a striking resemblance to another teddy bear I know.

It was funny to watch him hover around Caitlin everywhere she turned. Usually he stood behind her while she chit chatted with her girlfriends.

But one time he became bolder and actually put himself into the middle of the conversation, but to no avail.
He and other boys are going to have to try harder. As far as I am concerned, however, they can just keep hovering....And Cait can just go on being oblivious Cait.

6 comments:

Andre Rodriguez said...

That was my first thought when I saw the picture of the boy. Looks a lot like someone I know. Funny.

GG said...

Hmmmm......all I can say is 'Pray' as kids grow up and change so fast these days.... :)

Thanks for dropping by to say 'hi'. I have been travelling quite a bit and not get around to updating my photos and blog.

If I am not mistaken, you are moving soon right?

miruspeg said...

Well Cait is a superstar so she is bound to have her followers!
Love your series of photos Annemarie, you are very good at stalking.
It is great to see Caitlin interacting with her peers.
Hugs
Peg xxxxx

Cozyflier said...

Looks like we will be going through the same things together Annemarie. We will be able to compare notes and share tears of joy and misery with each other!

Cait is beautiful and will have lots of callers I'm sure!

Hugs,
Carrie

MJ said...

I hope my girls are as oblivious to boys as Cait! Thanks for sharing this glimpse into a teen's life!

Thinkie said...

How sweet! :-)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin