In January, I started following Kate and her Calendar Journal at her blog The Kathryn Wheel. She encouraged us do something similar and share it. I never got around to doing the January one. Then I decided to go ahead and write something down each day for February until I could get a book for the journal. I started out fine, but I never got a page made for February. Then I did the same for March. I did, however, get a page made for March. It wasn't what I had planned, and I found that the pages of the book I bought were a little smaller than I thought. I decided to press forward anyway. By April, I had figured out the exact layout and how to fit up to 31 days on two pages.
I measured 2 inch squares with spaces in between each square. I painted each square a different color using some inexpensive water colors (lesson learned, by the way,) and used a monthly theme for the colors.
I have prepainted May and June so far.
I am not using the backs of the pages for calendar journaling. Instead, I will prime the pages for some sort of art journal pages.
I am currently working on a title page which I have prepped with torn brown paper sack and Mod Podge and will gesso over that so I can paint it.
I know I am supposed to be prepping my house for moving, but I am easily distracted. And this is more fun anyway.