One person in seven
• goes to bed hungry every day.
One-third of the world’s population
• is undernourished.
• 25,000 starvation-related deaths each day.
• more than 300 million children go to bed hungry.
• over 12,000 children (one every 7 seconds) die from hunger-related causes.
• 146 million or 27 percent of children under age 5 in developing countries are underweight.
Nearly 17 percent of babies
• in developing countries are born with a low birth weight compared with only 7 percent of babies in industrialized countries.
More than 4.4 million children
• die from malnutrition each year.
• 161 million preschool children suffer chronic malnutrition.
Today is Global Food Crisis Day
Millions are going hungry.
Click here for more information and some powerful videos.
$13 can feed a kid for a month. Please think about clicking the Donate Now Button