Be Happy Anyway

Be Happy Anyway
From Brave Girls Club

Friday, January 6, 2017

Reason #2367 Why I Don't Sleep

I was asleep until my cell phone rang. It was my house phone calling. Why is my house phone calling? Hello? Hello? James is that you? Click
Me: (debating whether to get up or not and finally getting up to look for the phone.)
James, why do you have the phone?
James: I thought there was someone looking through my window?
Me: (confused how he saw someone in the window with the lights off, dark outside and the view of the  window blocked by a bookcase. )
Give me the phone. (Hanging it up and heading to bed)
James: Sorry, mom.
Me: Goodnight  (but now I'm curious. Did he really see someone? Dang it! Putting on winter coat and boots, I head outside with the phone as if I could do anything)
NOTHING

Now I lay awake when I should be asleep since I have class tomorrow morning. And people wonder why I don't leave him home alone.

1 comment:

miruspeg said...

Ahh that boy of yours, keeps you on your toes eh Annemarie.
He is one in a million!
Love
Peggy xxxxx

Blog Widget by LinkWithin