Be Happy Anyway

Be Happy Anyway
From Brave Girls Club

Saturday, September 4, 2010

A Fun and Tasty Day

Since school started, I have made James a breakfast of scrambled eggs and toaster waffles everyday. This morning I thought I would make the real thing.

I had trouble finding the waffle maker at first. Then Gary said, is that it? I was standing right in front of it.
Everyone got one of these:
They couldn't make up their mind to be round or square.

I turned mine into:

Yummy!

Later in the day, we all went to see the re-release of Avatar in 3D. My mother even came.


James sportin' the glasses & Cait passing time 'til the flick starts

It was just as good as the first time. My husband hadn't seen it before. I think the 3D business gave him a headache.

When we got home, I made dinner of smoked sausage, potatoes & onions and peas & carrots.
It was delicious and easy to make.

You just need polish or smoked sausage, red potatoes and a Vidalia onion.
I put the sausage in a large skillet first. While the sausages were defrosting, I sliced the potatoes thinly. I put a tablespoon or two of olive oil in the pan and added the potatoes.

Next, I thinly sliced the onion.
This is where I was wishing I had a mandolin slicer.

These were added to the pan and the potatoes were flipped on top of the onions. I placed a lid on it and let the whole thing steam and the onions caramelize.
Delicious.
It was a fine day.

BTW, I just realized that I didn't say anything about salt, pepper or seasoning on that sausage dinner. I add salt, pepper and garlic powder to the potatoes when I first put them in pan. You can season with whatever you want, but if you don't it will be VERY bland.

6 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Sounds like a fun day!!! Those waffles look yummy! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

MJ said...

Geez, I've never used my mandolin! I'm a food processor gal!

Glad you found your waffle maker! Hope you made some extra for breakfast this upcoming week!

GG said...

Love your waffles.......looks yummmy......with a few scoops of vanilla ice cream......hmmmmmm good...... so glad you son is feeling better.

GG said...

.......I am drooling over your sausage and potatoes......I have to try it sometime.......

Anonymous said...

LOve your breakfast!!Yummy!Looks like you all had a wonderful day with good food!Treasured time!

Thinkie said...

YUM, I need to get our waffle iron out some time soon! Reading this post made me crave something to eat ;-)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin